We’ve compiled a top 5 list of delicious recipes baring your time, effort and bank balance in mind.
1) Better-than-a-takeaway Chicken Fried Rice
Ingredients: 3 cups of long grain white rice, frozen peas and carrots, 1 onion, 2 garlic cloves, 2 eggs, boneless diced turkey breast, soy sauce.
1) Prepare rice as per packaging instructions. Refrain from over-cooking unless you fancy fried rice pudding.
2) Heat a little oil in a wok, adding the onion, garlic, peas and carrots. Heat until tender.
3) Add diced chicken and cook through.
4) Crack the eggs and add to veg. Quickly scramble using spoon until consistent.
5) Stir rice into mixture
6) Add seasoning and soy sauce to taste and remove from heat.
2) One Pot Spaghetti
Ingredients: Dried spaghetti, chorizo sausage, onion, grape tomatoes, basil, garlic, dried parmesan, seasoning.
1) Prep your veg. Thinly slice the onions, half the tomatoes and chop garlic.
2) Combine ingredients including spaghetti in a large pan, with water (measurement of water as per spaghetti instructions.
3) Bring to boil until water evaporates
4) Serve with seasoning to taste and a little parmesan cheese
3) Pizza Quesadillas
Ingredients: Two large flour tortillas, grated cheese, pizza topping sauce or tomato pasta sauce, optional additional pizza toppings.
1) Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan or wok until moderate heat.
2) Spread sauce onto first tortilla and add to pan.
3) Sprinkle cheese and additional toppings, and add second tortilla to the top like a sandwich
4) Press down on the top of the quesadilla with a spatula, and when ready, flip over and cook other side
5) Remove from pan once golden brown and chop into eight slices
4) Tuna Potato Jackets
Ingredients: Baking potato, 185g can tuna in spring water, sweetcorn.
1) Scrub the potatoes and prick all over with a fork.
2) Place on a microwavable plate and microwave on a high heat for 18-20 minutes.
3) Cut open potatoes and add tuna, sweetcorn and serve.
5) Simple Tomato Soup
Ingredients: 400g can cherry tomatoes, 1 tbsp caster sugar, 100ml vegetable stock, mascarpone (optional), basil (optional)
1) Put the tomatoes, sugar, stock and sauces into a medium pan with some salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-10 mins. Stir in the mascarpone and blend to a smooth soup.