Terms & Conditions
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read these competition rules carefully. By submitting a competition entry you agree to the following and we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- To enter a competition you must be:
(a) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Blind Mice Media Ltd.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry per person per competition.
- If you want to enter a competition you may enter via the website on the applicable competition page, or you can also send your answer to the questions and tie-break question (where applicable) detailing which competition you wish to enter, together with your name, address and e-mail address by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sending an e-mail is not proof that we have received your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
- The winner will be the entrant who answers the questions correctly and who has an accompanying relevant postcode as outlined above. A winner will then be picked from correct entries by a member of Blind Mice Media Ltd. Other competitions may require a subscription or an act to be completed (the process will be outlined at the time of entry but must still be accompanied by a relevant postcode and will be picked by Blind Mice Media Ltd)
- The closing date is as specified in each competition, and Blind Mice Media Ltd reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- If you win a competition, we will notify you by post, e-mail or phone. Blind Mice Media Ltd’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Unit S8-S9 Globe Works, Penistone Road, Sheffield S6 3AE after the closing date.
- By entering a competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Blind Mice Media Ltd may require.
- On occasion we share entrants’ data with competition partners.
- The panel of judges or competitions organisers for each competition will be comprised of members of Blind Mice Media Ltd.
- The prize will not be transferable to another person.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- Competitions are being run by Blind Mice Media Ltd.
- Blind Mice Media Ltd reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Blind Mice Media Ltd may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.
- Blind Mice Media Ltd will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
Here’s the legal stuff – boring but essential.
The term “Student Beans” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 1 Vincent Square, London, SW1 2PN. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Student Beans content terms
Student Beans is committed to promoting the most up-to-date and unique content possible while maintaining standards consistent with the Internet community and the societies of the world. Student Beans actively audits and approves content that goes live on the Student Beans website, however there may be instances where an individual deems a piece of our content to be offensive or inappropriate. In this case, please immediately email help [at] studentbeans [dot] com to have this content removed. Accordingly, Student Beans will NOT process, digitize, post, upload, store, share or otherwise display on the Student Beans website:
- Content or material that we believe is pornographic, obscene, or of an adult or sexual nature;
- Content or material that we believe is grossly offensive to the online community, including but not limited to, blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred and profanity;
- Content or material that exploits children under the age of 18 or posts or discloses any personally identifying information about children under the age of 18;
- Content or material promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities, promoting harm or injury to any group, individual or cruelty to animals including, but not limited to: Instructions on how to assemble or use bombs, grenades or other weapons; and Disseminating personal information about another individual for malevolent purposes, including libel, slander, defamation or violation of an individual’s right to privacy.
- Copyrighted content or material that is used without the express permission of the owner; Photographs and other images published in books, magazines, posters, calendars, websites and other media are generally protected by copyright law.
- Content or material that infringes or encroaches on the rights of others, including, but not limited to, infringement of privacy and publicity rights and harm to reputation; or
- Any links to the above.
You should be aware that in visiting the Student Beans website, you may be exposed to materials you consider to be offensive and you assume responsibility for your exposure. As stated above, if you run across something you deem to be offensive, please email email@example.com to have this content removed.
Transfer of your Data to Third Parties
By participating in a competitions, offers, prize draws, surveys and questionnaires you will be requested to tick a box to “opt-in” and participate. By ticking this box you are agreeing to allow us to transfer both your Registration and Profile Data and any extra responses to the sponsor of that content.
We are keen to ensure that the principals of “opting-in” are clearly explained. This means that when you participate in a competition, offer, prize draw, survey or questionnaire you understand that you may receive promotional offers from us or the sponsoring company based on the information you provide in that questionnaire and the initial registration page. You can de-register at any time if you would prefer not to receive such promotions in the future.
Sponsors of the surveys/competitions/offers may have their own privacy policies and opt-in statements, we strongly recommend that you read and understand this information.